The term unicorn in the swinging community is used to describe single females who are comfortable around swingers and open to exploring with couples. If you find yourself being one of these very rare and desired single females, here are some useful tips that will help you if you are planning on visiting a swingers club as a single unicorn for the first time.
1. Find a couple (MF, MM, FF whatever your fantasy is) to actually swing with first if you have not already experienced a threesome or moresomes.
2. If you already have a couple, you are comfortable with consider going to the club with them the first time.
3. If #2 is not an option find a guy friend you are comfortable with and ask him to go with you. Most clubs don’t allow single men or charge them a premium, so he will probably jump at the chance to get in as a couple if he is into that. Beware that a lot of guys are not nearly as open-minded about sex as they think they are.
4. Understand going in that single females are highly desirable in most of the swinger communities. The younger and more attractive you are the more desirable you will be, but you don’t have to be the perfect model either. Any female who make a reasonable effort at her appearance will likely get a lot of attention.
5. Bi-sexuality on the part of the women is usually expected, but not an absolute requirement. I suggest you don’t need to do anything you are not comfortable with.
6. If it is an on-premise club, there likely will be sexual activity possibly significant activity going on. Just be prepared to see anything, often women in this situation are not nearly as open-minded as they think they are.
7. Clubs can vary widely in the makeup of their patrons from a full house of beautiful people to a full house of people you really would rather not see with their clothes off. Most clubs, however, have a mixture of all types. Try a few clubs until you find the one you are most comfortable with.
8. Understand some couples may not be into singles at all. If a couple is not interested, do not take it personally. Just be polite and move on. As a unicorn, you won’t have any problems finding a couple at the end of the night to play with.
9. In most cases, when you get together with a couple, you may be into one partner more than the other. Most times if you are more attracted to the female half of the couple more that the male, then it is OK, but if it is the other way around, the wife may get insecure, so be careful not to show obvious bias. Unless they tell you, it is ok. If it makes you uncomfortable, it’s best to not be there at all.
10. Stay away from any kind of drama. Don’t be the one to start it nor get involved with any sort of drama between partners. If you sight any insecurity between a couple early on, excuse yourself quickly before anything serious happens. Such incidents are a rare occurrence in the lifestyle community, but I would be lying if I said it did not occur.
Re-read #4, you are in the driver’s seat. You will probably be able to get in the club for free. You will probably have people offering to buy you drinks. Know what you are and are not up to and don’t feel pressured to do anything you don’t want to. In most cases, a firm sorry I am not interested will be respected. Most of all, don’t forget you are there to have fun.